The Library empowers students to effectively research, explore, and demonstrate their knowledge. Expert staff inspire self-directed, lifelong learning beyond the classroom. We support students’ critical engagement with information sources in a variety of formats. Student needs and achievements are evaluated through data-driven assessment.
- Develop instructional approaches that support students’ information literacy learning needs, including skills for locating, evaluating, using, and creating information.
- Partner with faculty in curriculum planning and design to develop intellectual curiosity, critical thinking, and technological ability in students.
- Collaborate with faculty to integrate resources into distance learning programs that enhance the educational effectiveness of those courses.
- Actively encourage the creation and/or use of high-quality open educational resources on campus to provide greater access to educational content and reduce students’ financial burden.
- Leverage technology to support research, learning, and creativity.
- Develop frameworks to assess and improve the impact of the Library’s services on student learning and success.