Faculty and instructors who are placing only library books on reserve, may create a list of books in DELCAT Discovery and email the name of the list and the URL of the list to the Morris Library Course Reserve staff.
- Go to DELCAT Discovery.
- Click on “WorldCat (Sign in)” located in the top right corner of the screen. If you do not already have a WorldCat account, you will need to create one. A WorldCat account is separate from your Library Account.
- Once you have logged in, search for the first item you would like to place on your course reserves list. When searching for items for this list, change the default setting for “Libraries to search” from Libraries Worldwide to University of Delaware Library.
- Once you have found the item, place a checkmark in the check box next to the title.
- At the top of the search results list it will say “Save to New List.” Click the Save button next to it.
- You will be taken to a page that says “Create New List.”
- Create a name for the list and keep the List Privacy setting as Public.
- Click “Create New List.”
- Proceed with your searching, adding items to the list. When saving items to the list, confirm that the items are being saved to the correct list.
- When you have selected all of the books that are needed for your course reserve list, copy the URL.
- In the Description field directly above the top of the list, include: your name, the course number, the semester or session that the materials can be taken off reserve and the loan period for the material. Loan period options are 2 hour, 1 day, 3 days, or 7 days.
Notify Course Reserve Staff that the List is Available for Processing
- In an email addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org, place the course prefix and number, and section number in the “Subject” field. You may wish to CC yourself for your records.
- Type the name of the list and paste the URL of the list into the body of the email. The email can then be sent.