These services and tools can help ensure virtual access to course materials by members of the UD community who are teaching and learning online. Your UDelNet ID and password will be needed to access the library’s electronic resources from off-campus. View the How to Connect page for more information. View the How to Connect page for more information.
Materials Available Online
Vast online resources are available for those who are off campus. To locate material for use in online courses and assignments, check out the linked resources below or browse our materials on the Library, Museums and Press website. If you would like assistance in looking for electronic alternatives, please contact your liaison librarian or Ask the Library.
- DELCAT Discovery is recommended for finding books, videos and some journal articles. Use search filters to limit results to Full Text Online, eVideos or other online content. Limit your results to the University of Delaware Library.
- Electronic Books: This guide’s Quick Reference Chart provides tips for using the eBooks that you find using DELCAT Discovery.
- Ejournal collections can also be browsed or searched by journal title.
- Databases help researchers find discipline-specific content.
- Digital Collections: Browse through collections digitized here at UD.
- Streaming Media resources can be seamlessly integrated into online courses.
Due to the COVID-19 situation, the Library building is closed and Library staff are unable to scan or retrieve materials. Faculty are encouraged to contact subject librarians who are working online so they may find electronic versions of print materials or alternative reading or viewing materials. Students are requested to contact their professor for updates on required reading or viewing materials.
Librarians regularly create custom guides directly to key resources from our collections for your course. There are also research guides available in most subjects. These key research tools can be integrated easily into your Canvas course with just a few easy steps.
If you need assistance with other Canvas issues please contact Academic Technologies Services.
Many publishers and vendors whose content is usually behind paywalls have temporarily opened up access and reduced or removed simultaneous user limits so that faculty are able to make use of it as they adapt their courses for remote delivery. Much of this content consists of eBooks. The Library has added over 250,000 titles to DELCAT Discovery since mid-March. An ongoing guide to those providers whose content has been vetted and activated by the UD Library is available at https://guides.lib.udel.edu/TempAccess. Most of this content is available through the end of the current semester or through June 30, 2020.
If you are using materials such as ebook chapters or journal articles from the library’s collections in your course, use a permalink to reliably point to a specific information source such as an article, video, database, or an eBook. The library has created an EZProxy permalink generator to assist with this step: http://guides.lib.udel.edu/permalinksThis page was last updated June 10, 2020 10:56am